Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tofu Egg-less Salad

This recipe may be a little out there for you carnivores but you have to trust me.  It tastes exactly like egg salad.

I love egg salad but my stomach does not.  I searched for egg alternatives and found this great article that provides ideas for egg substitutes through almost anything.  With a few minor changes,
I made a delicious egg salad sandwich.

Ingredients:

  • 1 block super firm tofu, cubed
  • 1 stalk of celery diced
  • 2 tablespoons Vegenaise (a vegan form of mayo, its delicious, and not gross, like mayo.)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice


Mix all ingredients together and pile between two slices of bread with tomato and lettuce.
Yum!  Egg salad!  Finally!

Inspiration:  eating egg salad out of the bowl with my BFF.

Cheers...to running outside weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment