Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Felt Flowers Forever

I am a little obsessed with felt flowers.  Today I made a bouquet.  This was a time consuming craft, good thing I had a snow day!

Materials:

  • Felt
  • Embroidery Thread (also used for friendship bracelets, which I think I will make next)
  • Hot glue
  • Embellishments (beads, jewels, glitter)
  • Wire
  • Optional: a comfy bean bag to sit in


Cut out a bunch of different flowers varying in 3 sizes (big, medium, and little).  Glue 3 together one on top of the other in any color or shape you like.  Go crazy!  Make some fun stitches, or glue little decorations all over!  For the stem, I used 2 pieces of 28 gauge wire twisted together.  Bend 1 inch of the end of the twisted wire and glue to the back of your flower.  Make a bunch of flowers and you have your bouquet!
Give to a friend who is down or keep to brighten up your day!

Inspiration: the girls over at HiP

Cheers...to 5 inches of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment