Sunday, January 2, 2011

Champagne Brooch


Weaving through the after Christmas shoppers, returns and sales, I was on my mission to find something to wear on New Year's Eve. Then I remembered a felt brooch I saw online and decided to craft one to ring in the new year with. I even used a lonely earring who had lost it's partner among my jewelery box.

Materials Needed:
  • Felt
  • Thread and Needle
  • Jewel, button, or any other embellishment
  • Safety pin
  • Hot Glue Gun or craft glue, if needed
  • Optional: one cozy cat
Using a template I printed out 3 flowers, 3 different sizes (large, medium, and small) and cut out the felt accordingly.

Large and medium flower: Starting in the center stitch 3-5 stitches up each petal.

Small flower: Starting in the center, make one large stitch up each petal. Place embellishment in center using hot glue or craft glue.

To attach pieces, place flowers in size order on top of one
another, staggering petals. Stitch a small circle around your embellishment to secure all pieces together.

To show off: Fasten safety pin between your shirt and flower. You could even attach a spy camera if your boyfriend has one lying around.

Inspiration: A cute bunch from lilfishstudios

Cheers...to my mom for my box of craft supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment